Friday, June 07, 2013

Okay............it got HOT today.

We reached our first official day of 110 which is a little earlier than normal.  That usually holds off until July.  It still cools down to the 80s at night though.  Hey......it is 9:00 as I sit here and it already cooled down to 97.  Of course, I just returned from my evening swim which was wonderful.  The water is nice and warm and felt great.  The humidity is only 16%.

We received a nice flyer in our mailboxes yesterday so thought you would like to read it too.


On the flip side of the flyer is the announcement for our upcoming July 4 celebration.  We're having another pot luck luncheon on the 4th with complimentary brat patties and chicken burgers with all the fixings, drinks and dessert.  It will be interesting to see how many residents are still here and how many attend.  I know I'll be there for sure!

More news about the mysterious Phoenix Mart was published in the Casa Grande Dispatch:
There's not much else to report.  Empire Fence guys were back working on the dog fence.


The pickle people were busy at play.   They most definitely have to play in the early morning to beat the heat.





I'm looking forward to Monday as I hear they're going to start moving some of the palm trees out of Palm Park.  That should be fascinating to watch!
******************
I received a nice email from another resident today.  She wants to install this sink in her new village home!  I posted her story on the "Notes from Fellow Residents" link at the top of this blog.
Thank you to Marilyn Jennings & Gordon McKay
Rosemary Hoyle sent me some cute owl cartoons!
Whooooo......loves you Baby!



You do have an odd perspective on things.