Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Bees abuzz in the trees above

I walked outside this morning and heard a heavy buzzing sound that caught my attention.  It sounded like a huge swarm of bees.  Duh.  That's exactly what it was.  The palm trees are coming into bloom and the bees absolutely go crazy.

 
Time to put my camera to work again.
 
I tried to zoom in to show how many bees are at work above in the tree tops these days.  The palms look much nicer after their haircut.  Hmmm.....I hadn't thought about the guys going up in the bucket truck to trim the branches.  I don't suppose the bees are real happy with them???  
 
We're into our daily triple digits each afternoon now but our mornings are still delightful.  Howard and Jane Dinsmore are back here in their home to enjoy our weather.  They had their motorhome up in Show Low but came back for relief from the heat up there.  The humidity was high and their motorhome didn't keep up enough to keep them cool.  There's no place like home!  Welcome back!
 
Don and I went to the afternoon movie to see the new Superman show "Man of Steel".  (Fresh popcorn is a great way to occupy a hot afternoon indoors.  I can't say much about the movie itself.)  On our way home, we admired the pretty sunset.  When we first spotted it, that yellow glow was directly behind our big palm trees but by the time I got my cell phone out and turned on, the glow was offset.  It's still kinda pretty though.  I like the way the big palms and our flag jut up above the horizon showing off where we live.
 
No construction photos for you today.  They're still digging and burying electrical lines out there and Palm Park is getting cleaned up and leveled.  Then digging for electrical line placement will begin up there...probably next week.  I've had quite a few emails asking when work will begin on the Bistro or the pottery room, or the fitness room.

I only publish information about projects that are started and in action.  There are so many levels of approval for these projects that it doesn't do any good to speculate on what and when (or IF) they will be completed. I promise to keep you posted the moment anything gets announced.  Bye for now.  Have a GREAT day!






Posted by Picasa