Monday, March 04, 2013

Car Show

 What a busy weekend for Casa Grande!  Aviation enthusiasts attended the Cactus Fly-In and demonstrations at the local airport.  Palm Creek held its annual car show. The city held its annual championship chili cook off contest at the city park.  The weather cooperated beautifully as we had a lovely warm sunshiny day.  

I thought this was the most unique car at our show.  Note the skeleton on the front seat.
 
A sign on his neck identified the skeleton as the original owner.  :)
 
This was by FAR the noisiest car at the show.  Good grief!  I'm glad he's not my neighbor.  That machine is
LOUD!!!!!!!!!!! 
 

Motorcycles are awesome machines as well and there were quite a few present at the show.  They're fancy machines but must be a labor of love to keep them so clean and shiny!
 
 
On a quieter note....I spent a lovely afternoon yesterday with some wonderful friends who took time to help me learn to play Omaha.  Maybe they'll make a poker player out of me yet.  Thank you, Nancy Polley for a great afternoon of friendship and fun.  This will be one of my fond memories.

I played in the Sunday night tournament and lasted until the final two tables.  Not bad for a timid rookie.

**************
Here's a quick video for you golfers out there.