Saturday, December 29, 2012

Hello again

Hello again.  I thought all you readers would be so busy with the holidays that you wouldn't be checking the blog but guess I was wrong because I've been receiving complaints about no new postings.  :)  
Don and I didn't go to the wonderful Christmas dinner at the clubhouse this year because we were lucky enough to have both of our sons join us for a couple days and we had a great Christmas together.  Thus I felt I didn't have much exciting news to post .... UNTIL ...  this morning when I opened my email and found these aerial photos from Pat Konz at Site 382.  I've not met Pat YET, but I'll be looking them up to say howdy and get more information.  Thank you, Pat, for sending these.

 
 
I went for a little walk through the neighborhood on Christmas day.  It was nice to see friends gathering together and sharing meals on the holiday.  I took this first photo at Paul and Kathy's house at Site 1703.
 
Then we yelled for Kathy to come out for the photo.  We had some good laughs next because if you notice the lady on the far left is the only one with a plate of food in front of her.  She hid it under the table for this second photo so no one would know she was still eating.  
 
Elsewhere there were larger groups gathering.
 
And smaller groups.
 
I was going to be creative and take a picture of a partridge in a pear tree but the silly bird would not cooperate so all I got was a dove under a lime tree.  Oh well. 
 
I miss having the pickleball activity on the old courts that were close to our house.  Now I have to hop on my bike and ride over to watch the action.  
 
 
I took a couple action shots of friends that were playing.
 
 
Christmas Eve night is another pause for celebration....especially in our neighborhood as we gather and line the streets with luminaries.  It really gives a peaceful glow to the holiday.  The project grows each year as more sites join in the tradition.
 
Of course, no celebration would be complete without Santa.
 
There were plenty of campfires and friends at the Avery's site. 
 
 
It looked "Christmasy" at night with Santa hats and colored lights, but day time shows the beauty of an Arizona  Christmas.
 
Since this is a slow news day, I'll share some old photos we took while we were camp hosts at Big Rock Candy Mountain resort in Utah.  The area is a bird watcher's paradise especially for hummingbirds.  We had four feeders in our yard and had to refill them every day due to the many many hummers that buzzed around our campsite.  As we carried the feeders outside, the little hummers would buzz around our heads and land on our finger tips waiting to get at the sweet treat.

There were not only a LOT of hummers, but quite a few different varieties as well.  It was AWESOME and a memory of a lifetime.

The feeder attached to the window of our RV was a favorite for our cat, Hiway.  She  We had endless hours of entertainment.

********************


Posted by Picasa