Sunday, December 23, 2012

Another Sunny Warm December Day

It was an EXCITING day for me as a bird watcher!!  I was on a lovely bike ride on this beautiful warm December day and when I stopped at the stop sign by the statues, I spotted an American Snipe down in the creek.  Luckily I had my trusty camera with me and started taking pictures.  As golfers and pedestrians walked by, they asked what I was doing......they couldn't even see this bird at first because he stood perfectly still and blended in with the dried grass so well.


Okay....you laugh, but I was thrilled to see this fella.
  
 

While I was there admiring the bird and the flowers, I took some shots of the statues.  How long will they stay there now that the park is sold?  
 

These are some nice works of art.  This man depicts a cotton farmer emerging from the fields.
 
 
And these are the grandparents of the Wolfswinkel family.  Grandma brought lunch to Grandpa when he worked at a filling station.  I'm certain they would be mighty proud of their children's accomplishments with Palm Creek.
 
 
 
 

Elsewhere on my biking journey I came across this lady giving her dog a bath at the car wash station.  Cars, trucks, golf carts......and dogs.  All can get a bath here. 
 

Others were loading luminary bags with sand and candles in preparation for our annual neighborhood luminary display.  Be sure to drive around the park on Christmas Eve to enjoy the sights and lights.
 
At the end of my trip, I stopped up at the clubhouse and spotted the puzzlers at work in the library.  Susie Nunley has her foot in a cast for a while so is taking up more sedate activities while she mends.  
 

Our normal activities come to somewhat of a halt over Christmas week since the card rooms are closed in preparation for the Christmas dinners and programs.  I am still conducting a Picasa workshop on Thursday, December 27 in the Ocotillo Room so you can join us from 1:00-3:00 to brush up on your photo editing.  We'll be reviewing editing functions, how to email photos, create a movie, add text to photos, use tags and captions, and create albums.  Should be fun.  
***************

SAVE THE DATE:
Mark your calendar to attend a Charity Event where you can buy greeting cards, bags, gift wrap, tissue, ribbon, recordable books, along with a few other new items including Watkins and Scentsy wickless candles.  The net proceeds of the above items go to different charities such as cancer, animal shelters, Mary Kay Foundation, Vets and others.  Avis Gray holds this event so let's support her efforts.

Thursday, January 10, 8:00-3:00 at Sundance RV Resort
and
Tuesday, January 15, 9:00-3:00 at Fiesta Grande RV Resort

Avis also sent this message:  
Bring your used cards to Colleen Lemkuil (Site 219) to send to an Activity Director in Minnesota who redoes the cards and sends them to Veterans at the Sioux Falls Hospital. Bring your cancelled stamps to Colleen to bring to the veterans in Tucson for stamp collectors and teaching stamp displays-nothing is sold-all free-Yes, used stamps. I give them to a DAR lady who brings them to Tucson to the Veterans Hospital. There is a container at the Palm Creek Post office to put the stamps in and I pick them up there. Everything gets recycled.  Avis

***************

Posted by Picasa