Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tidbits

Life during the heart of the season is almost too busy to keep up with the blog so you just get a smattering of photos.

Although I couldn’t attend the Chili Cook-off last night, I am delighted to post a photo of the Winner!  Congratulations to Lynne Rogers!  I have personally sampled her chili on several occasions and I agree with the judges in that it is a WINNER.

Lynn chili winner

Yesterday was another perfect weather day for softball.  There are games almost every Tuesday and Thursday now.  With Palm Creek having at least four teams, you’re sure to be there to cheer on friends…..and get a delicious hamburger!

IMG_7958

IMG_7957

No one won either of the big jackpot games at bingo Monday night!  That means the pots will be even bigger next week.  The lucky winners could go home with over $700 apiece.  The ballroom really gets crowded this time of year and can only seat 360 people.  BE SURE TO WEAR YOUR NAME TAG OR YOU DON’T GET TO PLAY! 

*Note to those who were in attendance:  Remember how I kept mentioning that G55 was a frequently called number?  My next door neighbor (Marion Gavin) only needed one number to complete her card for the final blackout where she stood the chance of winning over $300.  The one number she needed was G55 which never got called that game.  I don’t think she’ll ever let me live it down.  Laughing out loud

IMG_7948

IMG_7947

I received this pretty hibiscus plant from a friend (Katie and Jerry O’Brien).  Isn’t it a beautiful color??  I’ve been waiting and waiting and waiting for the buds to open…like a kid waiting for Christmas.  Finally!

IMG_7915-001

The computer club had a guest speaker from Best Buy today.  Charles was a wealth of information!  His main presentation was about tablets, ipads, etc but he had many tips and tricks to share with us as well.

IMG_7960

Check out this handy cart our landscape crew uses to water or fertilize plants that may not be on an automatic sprinkler system.

IMG_7965

IMG_7966

That’s all for today folks.  I must run outside to play and enjoy this beautiful weather.

0232