Monday, November 15, 2010

Welcome Back Party

What a perfect weather day for the annual Welcome Back Party!!  I spent most of the event greeting guests and residents at our Computer Club booth.  We’re happy to have Mike Salter join our group as he is a retired teacher with 33 years of instruction behind him in the computer world.  Mike gave an entertaining and very informative talk on “Computer HealthCare” at our last meeting and showed everyone how to defrag and do a maintenance check on their computer.  We have lots of other topics coming up so if you need some computer help or are interested in classes, I hope you can join us at the club meetings on Wednesday mornings, 9:30 a.m. in the SanTan Room.

I must also take a moment to thank everyone who stopped by and commented on my Palm Creek Update blog.  It was very gratifying to hear that the blog brings joy to so many readers all across the United States and Canada.  The blog has been a very rewarding hobby for me.  I was thinking about hibernating it for the season since I thought most of the readers were here now and would be witnessing the activities first hand but they tell me they still log on daily or weekly to see if there is anything they’ve missed.  PLUS their families back home still wanted to read about happenings here while Mom and Dad or Grandma and Grandpa are away for the winter.  Hmmmm….I guess that means my camera and computer don’t get a vacation.  The counter on the blog page still shows that I get between 700-900 hits every week!

blog 004

Thank you to Mike Salter and Montez Beard for spelling me at our table.  That gave me time to walk around to visit other booths, get my free hot dog and ice cream, sign up with the Eegees guys for a free dinner on my birthday, AND visit the turtle on wheels.  He was really enjoying the fresh green grass! 

blog 009

We were located directly across from the “Pots of Petals” booth and it was exciting to see all the activity there.  I hope everyone will participate in the program to help beautify our park.  I’m also looking forward to the hanging basket program.  Wouldn’t it be wonderful to see a hanging basket of flowers on every palm tree!

blog 005

Hope to see ALL of you at our next Computer Club meeting.

Wednesday, November 17

9:30 a.m. in the SanTan Room