Thursday, September 03, 2009

Maintenance

It's a busy morning for many of us today. After morning household chores (empty dishwasher, dust, vacuum) I hurried off to water aerobics, then home to shower, then returned books to the library and picked up tickets for the upcoming Labor Day BBQ and ice cream social. Of course, I had to stop and chat with everyone I met along the way.

Maintenace crews were busy out on the golf course, doing some repairs at the hot tub, and replacing light bulbs and washing light fixtures. Unfortunately, this gent didn't see me approach with camera in hand and when the flash went off, he thought a bulb had blown up or something. We laughed, I apologized and went on my way.
I also saw the ladies from the housekeeping staff out scrubbing up the BBQ grills and getting them ready for the Labor Day party.

On the way back, I saw this gentleman climbing the palm trees along the path between the tennis courts. He climbs way up with the heavy chain saw hanging from his belt, manages to get past all the picky thorny dead leaves, saws them off and then climbs down again. One tree after another after another after another. Whew!! I chatted with him briefly and he even seemed to be in a good mood.