Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Today's Dispatch News

There were some interesting tidbits in today's paper. Thought you might be interested.

I try not to shop at Wally World very often because the store is usually a mess, but my visit the other day was a pleasant surprise. Here's an article from today's Dispatch: (Pardon the fact that I got a little scissor happy down the left side of the page!)
Another story was about "Prickly Pear Season". The Boyce Arboretum is offering a one hour class so visitors can learn how to harvest the juicy fruit of the prickly pear without damaging their hands with painful cactus spines. I've tried several samples of prickly pear "stuff" before and always found it so tasty. It would be fun to attend the class and try to make some sauce. There are certainly plenty of the plants around!

The Dispatch is starting an "electronic edition" this week. The website will have an exact replica of the printed version. I checked it out this morning and it really is great fun. I found a few flaws but since its so early, I'm sure they'll work out the kinks. It is supposed to have a direct link so that if a website is listed in the paper, you just click on the link and it will take you to that page. So far, I found two links that didn't work, but need to give them time. The project is FREE until sometime in September, so check it out for yourself. www.trivalleycentral.com and click on the e-Edition link in the white navigation bar at the very top of the page.